SUMMARY Communications Specialist and Award winning Producer, Writer, and Reporter for broadcast and print, news, features and documentary programs. Storyteller and journalist with 20 years of national and international experience.
Executive Producer- Audio Storytelling Series
Good Thinking Atlanta/NEA Foundation 50th Anniversary
Oversee, Produce, write, edit and narrate 13 audio stories with public educators as part of 50th Anniversary project.
WABE FM Atlanta/NPR , 2006-2014
Research, Write, Report, Produce, and technically Edit feature stories, series and news ranging from social economics, arts and culture to health and science, finance to impact of war. Stories have also aired on NPR national, Georgia Public Broadcasting (GPB,) and The Environment Report.
Freelance various corporate and independent projects.
Freelance Segment Producer/Writer for Special Projects.
WPBA, Public Broadcasting Atlanta, 2008
Documentary for Atlanta Public Schools, “Sister Schools Africa”.
CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,) Atlanta 2007-2008
Creator of new content for CDC-TV website launch, podcast writer, various projects.
Producer/Writer for CNN Medical Unit, Atlanta 2003-2006
• Long-Form: Prime-Time Medical Specials with Dr. Sanjay Gupta.
• General Medical News Coverage including sponsored series and Internet articles for CNN.com.
Producer/Writer/Field Producer, 2003-2006
• Special Projects, Gulf Coast Bureau, Southeast Bureau, Miami Bureau.
Producer, Writer, Field Producer 1990-2003
• Long-form Segment Producer/Writer, “CNNdotCom” & “NewsStand”: Magazine Cover Stories and Bi-Weekly Feature, “Nothing-But-Net”.*
• Field/Segment Producer for CNN’s Southeast and Washington DC bureaus: President Clinton’s Impeachment; 1999 war in Kosovo.
• Episode Producer, CNN Cold War Postscript –oversaw all aspects of research and production for 8 half-hour programs as part of groundbreaking 24 part documentary series. (1998-1999)
• Editorial Assistant/Associate Producer, CNN Newsroom (1990-1993)
CNN International , Atlanta 1993-1999, 2003
• News Writer/Producer – network coverage of 2003 War in Iraq.
• Writer/Producer – WorldReport, Worldbeat, Inside Asia and Inside Europe.
• News Writer/Package Producer/Line Producer
TBS/Norseman Production Inc., Atlanta 2003-2004
Segment Producer “Movie And A Makeover”.
Produce and Coordinate all aspects of various segments for reality/makeover series.
PRINT/ WEB/ OTHER
•Co-Editor, A Thousand Points of Light, a novel by Marc-Vincent Jackson, 2017
•Writer, Producer- 2011 YMCA Annual Campaign Storyboard Project
•Writer for Newspapers, Magazines, 2001-Present: GEO Magazine, Atlanta Magazine, Arthritis Today, China Daily USA, Porch Press, Atlanta Woman, ‘I Do, For Brides’.
•NBCC National Board For Certified Counselors, 2006 -Video Project Producer for Early Health Intervention Promotion.
•FAA Video Project, CAT Video 2008
•Writer, Researcher , WebMD, 2007
•Writer, Producer cnn.com medical news stories, 2003-2006
Advisory Board Member- New American Pathways (since 2012)
Media Consultant: AIB-Atlanta Interfaith Broadcasting (since 2013)
Mentor: PBS Newshour Student Reporting Labs 2012-2013
*AWARDS AND HONORS
• National Headliner Award, Science Health Reporting -Global Health Frontiers
• Edward R. Murrow Award: WABE Truly Living Well Farm Camp
• Associated Press Honorable Mention: WABE Truly Living Well Farm Camp
• Chris Awards – (Columbus International Film Festival)- “Happiness,” “Genius”
• Prism Award – “Crystal Meth, The New Threat”
• National Headliner Award, Cine Award, Clarion Award- “The First Patient: Health of the Presidency”
• National Headliner Award, Best News Magazine – CNNdotCOM
• Chris Award (Columbus International Film Festival)– CNNdotCOM
• Emmy Award; New York Film and Television Award – “Our Planetary Police”
Jefferson Fellowship-East West Center
UCLA Extension, Travel Journalism
UCLA, BA, Mass Media Communications
University of London, Queen Mary College, Junior Year Abroad
Certified Yoga Therapist, Yoga Teacher and Thai Yoga Massage Therapist.
Independent Traveler with experience in India, Southeast and South Asia, Middle East, United Kingdom, Western Europe, Mediterranean, Central America.